After refining our tribe and creating a persona we had to do some research to discover their problems. So we went to Knights Park home of the art students on 3 occasions during lunch time when we knew students would be available and more willing to talk. We asked around 15 students each on every occasion what their daily problems were at university.
We had to dig deeper and discover their current solutions for these problems and if they had any alternatives in mind to eradicate these problems. So after a lot of chit-chat with our tribe we found out that the main problems they’re faced with at university are related to storage and safety, especially as art students have a lot of material for their projects! We noticed a general fear amongst the students of laptops and other equipment being stolen or vandalised when left unattended.
Whilst roaming the campus we came across this:
It was obvious to us that we needed to create a product or a service that can solve this problem….back to brainstorming!